Exploring Old Azeroth Areas - Darkwhisper Gorge

As a level 70, one day I decided to go and explore areas I had never visited before, and I started with Winterspring.


Figuring everything was going to be frost-resistant in that frosty area, I brought my Hunter instead of my Frost Mage, and I ventured south from Everlook as it was the only direction I hadn't fully explored in that zone yet.


What's In Darkwhisper Gorge?


Darkwhisper Gorge, just south of where the elite 60 big fel demons roam around, there's a series of tunnels and a series of open areas all connected to one another and sparsely populated by demons of various types (succubi, fel hunters, etc), and with a few spawns of Rich Thorium.


Earthcaller Franzahi in Darkwhisper Gorge

But, other than that, there doesn't seem to be a lot going on down there. I certainly didn't see anyone on my journey once I left Everlook, which was itself very sparsely populated, being a 50-60 zone (a zone popular at being sparsely populated as everyone tries to get into Outland and leave Azeroth behind)...


There were TWO things that I found down there in my journey - other than the Rich Thorium veins which could in themselves be lucrative (but not really worth it for the length of the journey, except that those pop spots haven't been touched for ages and thus should reset rather quickly afterwards for another harvesting).


I found a friendly NPC by the name of Earthcaller Franzahi who doesn't offer much entertainment, and I found a portal door, blocked by a locked door that didn't give me any clue as to what key it may need, if any, to open.


So, I ask for all those who might know - What's in Darkwhisper Gorge?


What鈥檚 In Darkwhisper Gorge