Warhammer Online War Journal: Launch Edition

Warhammer Online War Journal has posted their latest %26ldquo;Launch Edition%26rdquo; version up. The even offer the promise



We'll be updating our War Journal daily with commentary, impressions, andecdotes, battle hymns, pee-pee jokes, and, of course, pro tips. Use this index to help you navigate this soon-to-be sprawling feature. We've conveniently broken it up by day, so be sure to bookmark it, and check back regularly!



One of the journalists decides to find out if he can get away with AFK'ing in scenarios and PQ's.



On a whim, I made an Order character on Monday (a Warrior Priest, the class I wanted to play from the start) on the server where some other colleagues rolled. I queued for a scenario the second I popped into the world, and sure enough, I was in and fighting within two minutes of character creation. I then proceeded to AFK through six or seven scenarios while working on an article, and reached level three without having taken five steps. How does that make you feel?



To be frank, the free levels and renown ranks were only a secondary motivation. What I really wanted to find out was whether or not WAR had any safeguards in place to prevent this kind of thing. Apparently, it hasn't, and unless they're implemented soon, I suspect that AFKing through scenarios will be the preferred way for players to level alts once WAR's new-game sheen wears off.



ProTip: You can also AFK your way through public quests. Just find a big enough raid %26mdash; excuse me: %26ldquo;warband%26rdquo; %26mdash; phone up your cousin, and talk garbage while your influence meter magically fills up!