World of Warcraft addons, Census+ and CosmosUI

The last couple of days I've spent a bunch of time fiddling around with Add-ons to World of Warcraft.


Specifically, I installed Cosmos UI (user interface), Census+ and something to make the upload process for the census results easier, a program called UniUploader.


I installed them just before the 1.9 patch came out, so I had the lovely experience of immediately having to upgrade/re-install the software since there were oddities or outright problems.


Actually, the only REAL problem I've had is that I cannot get UniUploader to work for me. Or, if the uploading is going on, it's not crediting to my account on WarcraftRealms and since I'm uploading Census data not only to be nice but also to perhaps see my name on the top contributor's list, that's not cool.


CosmosUI


At any rate, CosmosUI has a whole bunch of helpful little things all bundled into one package, like a bitty script that automatically closes your loot window if there's nothing in it, and prints a message to your chat screen about how there was no loot to get. Plus, when you're looting and there ARE things to pick up, there's another script that makes the loot window come up right under your mouse, and if there are three objects in the window all you have to do is click three times and the script will move the window so the objects are under your mouse for each click. How cool is that??!


Census+


Census+ is pretty self-explanatory if you take a peek at the website I've referenced. It's statistical information about the population of characters on World of Warcraft, broken down in almost every way imaginable. The data those graphs are based on is data that has been gathered by players like you and I by using the Census+ mod as we play, letting it do a bunch of 'who' queries to gather data about the players online at the time. If you shut off its verbose printing feature (which is off by default) you'll hardly even know it's running, except for the fact that you have to upload the Census data file every once in a while.


UniUploader


That's where UniUploader was supposed to come in and make things easier... but I can't seem to get the uploader to work for whatever reason - at least it doesn't credit me the same way I get credited when I do my own uploads. So... I canned UniUploader and I guess I'll just do my uploads manually every few days.


It's too bad, tho, because I had done a lot of world-hopping to gather my data and I think UniUploader thought it was doing its job just fine and therefore it deleted the data that had "already" been submitted, each time a new submission "went out".


Ah well, I guess now that I have it "figured out" I'll be okay.


[Jan 10/06 note: After reviewing some forum discussions on the "no file found" topic, I removed version 2.3 of UniUploader and went to v 2.1.2 and the auto-upload function now works just fine]