Wrath Expansion Available On DVD Only

Here's a piece of bad news I just found out about now. Good thing it's just a few days old so the news isn't that stale yet. According to WoW EU CM Vaneras, the Wrath of the Lich King expansion will only be available on DVD for both the regular and the Collector's Edition. This spells bad news for those people who have computers that can only play regular CD's. This would have been bad news for me several months ago since my old computer had a funky DVD drive that would only read DVD's sometimes. Good thing I bought a new computer.


For those people who may have problems with this piece of news, there are a few solutions I can think of. The obvious would be to go out and get yourself a DVD drive before the expansion hits. The other solution is to buy the game, upgrade your account and download the game. I know this service was made available for the Burning Crusade expansion so it's safe to assume the same for WoTLK. The only issue is that it might take some time, maybe a few weeks, before the digital download could be made available.


The nice thing about the game being on DVD is that we don't need to keep track of 4 discs anymore. I hate having to look for all the discs when I have to reinstall the game so this is a big help. Besides, it seems like all the games are coming out on DVD anyway so this is WoW keeping up with the times.